Pomegranate – Amazing Fruit That Stops The Time
Pomegranate is a fruit that since the ancient times has been used as a natural remedy, and today Hollywood stars swear in the pomegranate juice. Find out why!
Because of the large number of seeds contained in its fruit, pomegranate has been a symbol of fertility since the ancient times. The squeezed pomegranate juice is used for making traditional Italian drink: la granatina.
The fruit of the pomegranate is a real little vitamin bomb of valuable bioactive ingredients that soothe many health disorders and diseases.
Pomegranate is a rich source of vitamins A, C, E, B1, B2, B5, selenium, zinc, iron, sodium, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, and two types of compounds that have been attributed to antioxidant activity.
Pomegranate acts on:
- Amplification of the complete resistance of the body and reduces the harmful effects of the alcohol, smoking and UV radiation;
- It improves erectile function, increases sperm quality which improves male fertility and has a positive effect on the libido;
- The antigens plant hormones of pomegranate maintain the level of specific prostate antigen – PSA stable which reduces the risk of cancer on the one hand and slows down the progress of prostate cancer on the other hand;
- The plant hormones of pomegranate help in cases with cancer of the breast, ovary, prostate, lung, stomach, skin and in leukemia – studies have shown that pomegranate destroys cancer cells leaving healthy cells intact;
- Positively affects on the prenatal growth and development of the child. If used by the mother during pregnancy, protects the newborn brain against damage.
Relieves symptoms in the climax
There are three types of pomegranates: very sour and two sweeter types. According to professor Hademar Bankhofer, pomegranates mitigate symptoms in menopause and are good for the prostate. Today it is known that vitamin C, vitamin B5, potassium, and especially the herbal hormones are very important. “Gynecologists found that a pomegranate a day relieves symptoms in the menopause,” says Bankhofer. The pomegranate contains solids very similar to estrogens and this is the reason why the pomegranates affect the hormone levels. In addition, the pomegranate fruit is anti-aging and helps young women with hormonal problems. If you eat pomegranates on a regular basis, you will have stronger nails and hair. New studies show that the herbal hormones in the pomegranate help reduce the risk of prostate cancer. Besides fruits, there are medical purposes used in the root, bark, shell and flower.
According to some authors, the pomegranate is a good fruit for the heart while it is generally accepted as a remedy against intestinal parasites. The bark of the root of the pomegranate and the skin inside the fruit contain three alkaloids which are toxic to intestinal parasites, but at a certain dose (0.5-0.6 grams) per man, can cause dizziness, vomiting, diarrhea and impaired vision.
Rich in Vitamin C
Pomegranate is one of the oldest fruits used in medicinal purposes. Since the ancient times the pomegranate has been considered a natural remedy because pomegranate juice improves the appetite and regulates the stomach. It is excellent against scurvy (because it contains a lot of vitamin C), and encourages the excretion of urine. Other than that it has a strong action against pain and inflammation. Juice of carrots and beets is recommended for pregnant women because it contains vitamin B, iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium and vitamin PP. Pomegranate has a positive impact on the value of tumor markers for prostate. Doctors recommend to men to drink a quarter liter of pomegranate juice every day.
Pomegranate juice against diarrhea
The pomegranate juice is a proven natural remedy for treating diarrhea, particularly against bleeding because of the characteristics possessed by the pomegranate. If there is weakness due to the incessant purification, you should gradually consume 50ml of pomegranate juice. In this way, you will have full control of the diarrhea.