How To Complete A Diet
Did it usually happen to you to start a diet and then give up a few days later? Are you one of the people that start a diet at the start of the month or at Monday and never get to the end of it? If the answer is yes, then below you will find some tips that you should accept, so you can successfully stick to your diet that you have chosen and at the end you will be proud with the successful results of your diet.
- Choose a proper diet
Some choose a diet just because it promises drastic weight loss, some by recommendation from a friend. But it is the wrong way. The choice of diet is the most important step, because if it does not fit your lifestyle, then the chances that you have successfully completed the diet are minimal.
You cannot practice a diet that requires constant measuring of the portions and preparing different foods 5-6 times a day if you are busy person. You cannot choose a diet that is based on fruits if you are not a fan of fruit. If you refine towards any diet, you risk to stay hungry all day because you must respect the plan. In this case, hunger will last 2-3 days and then comes the cancellation.
To avoid that, it is necessary to choose an appropriate diet. If you are dedicated enough, you can make a diet plan by yourself. Be practical. Fans of vegetables and fruits can choose a diet based on eating raw food, fans of meat – diet as Atkins diet, fans of sweet – a diet that allows occasional consuming drinks with chocolate. So, everyday you will have the opportunity to eat the food you adore and not feel something missing.
- Record what you eat
If you find it difficult to remain faithful to your diet, start a diary for the food you eat. At the beginning, it may sound ridiculous and impractical, but this diary will show you why the diet is not working.
The records will help you to determine in which situations you are inclined to violate the rules of the diet. Whether the company of some friends encourages you to pull off the “track” or you always eat chocolate at afternoon.
If you do not want to keep a detailed log, you can only mark the days when you have not complied with the diet.
- Do not be too strict with yourself
Do not expect that you can survive without a single shot of alcohol for 3 months or without a single piece of chocolate for a month. Long-term diets are best, but they require a strong will. Only a birthday celebration is sufficient to confuse the plans.
But the consumption of one glass of alcohol should not be an excuse and say, “See, I have transgressed the diet, now it ends. If you find yourself in a situation to violate diet, do not be strict and do not blame yourself . One mistake is not fatal. The next day you should continue with practicing the diet.
- Be creative
Find a way to enjoy the food. Make combinations of vegetables, fruits and spices that you have never tried. The diet has a positive side – you will create your own non-standard recipes.
Always eat only when you are sitting at the table without something to your attention, not while you work on the computer or watching TV.
Decorate the bowl. This will trick the brain that you eat some specialty, and your senses will be satisfied. Arrange the food, bring food in different colors or sometimes experiment to create a dish of food in one color. All this will help you to have fun and not feel that you are on a diet.
- Create your conditions and ask for support
Will hardly direct towards an apple, if you have a packet of chips or choose to drink water if you stand in front of your favorite soft drink.
An important step in keeping the diet is the creation of conditions. Clear out the house from harmful fatty food, “liquid” calories and from snacks that contain a lot of calories. Also, you will do a favor to your family too.
The support is a key factor for the success of the diet. If you have someone to suppot you, whether it’s your partner, colleagues at work or closest friends, the easier you will spend moments of crisis. When they will know that you are on a diet, they will not tempt you with invitations to visit the sweet shop or offer you foods that you have banned.
- Use small tricks
These little tricks can help you to successfully follow the diet plan:
- Eat in a bright room. It has been proven that people who eat on subdued light, consume more food than those who eat on bright light.
- Choose a smaller plate. You should put the food (food from the diet plan) in a smaller bowl so it will look like the food is in greater quantity. This will create your idea that you ate a lot and you will be satisfied.
- Dilute the alcohol. If you are in a situation where you cannot divide the company and should drink at least one glass of alcohol toast, choose white wine and “diluted” with the sparkling mineral water. This will cut half the calories.
- Chew slowly. Chew slowly and enjoy the taste of food with every bite. Slow feeding would make you feel more satisfied and fed with less food and thus the brain will have enough time to get information when you are fed.
- Use gum while cooking. If you have a chewing gum in your mouth it will reduce the constant tasting food and thus prevent the intake of extra calories.
- Brush your teeth after every meal. If you brush your teeth after every meal, you will have healthier teeth and it will be easier for you to resist the temptation to go back to food.
When you’re on a diet, remember that there are no better allies than the will and motivation. Do not let them go, because in that case any trick or tip will not return you to the road to weight loss.