Cauliflower, Coconut oil, Ginger, Turmeric Stew – Amazing!
This super-tasty stew is perfect either if you are a vegetarian or a meat lover! It is rich in healthy fats. Warm and comforting, you can prepare this delicious stew for dinner.
For extra protein, you can add some chicken or tofu. It goes well with wild rice as well!
Check out the recipe:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium head cauliflower, stemmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 can full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Add the coconut oil in a medium stock pot. Heat it for 30 seconds on medium heat.
Add the cumin seeds and stir until they begin to sputter. Add the onions and cook for 1 minute. Then, add the tomatoes, stir and cook for a couple of minutes more until the tomatoes soften.
Add the other ingredients and stir well. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Make sure to stir every 5 minutes.
Serve the soup into 4 serving bowls and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving:
- 204 calories
- 24 g fat
- 20 g saturated fat
- 0 mg cholesterol
- 6 g fiber
- 6 g protein
- 18 g carbohydrate
- 588 mg sodium