Add This To A Glass Of Orange Juice To Flush Nicotine Out Of Your Body And Help You Heal
If you bake, you are likely to have come across cream of tartar in recipes.
But do you know what cream of tartar is? Is it the same as tartar sauce? (Answer: No.) According to The Kitchn, cream of tartar is an acidic by-product of wine. Huh? Let us explain. When grape juice is fermented inside barrels to become wine, a sediment gets left behind. This substance is purified and made into a white powder known as cream of tartar.
The name “cream of tartar” comes from the chemical name: potassium hydrogen tartrate. In baking, cream of tartar is used to stabilize egg whites and prevent the formation of sugar crystals. But it has many other uses too. It can fight heartburn and treat urinary tract infection. However, if you have kidney disease or a weak stomach, you should talk to your doctor before using these home remedies.
1. Soothe arthritis. Ted Harper on Eric Bakker, N.D.’s website shares a miracle recipe from his native Australia to help fight against painful arthritis. The mixture includes orange, lemon, grapefruit, Epsom salts, and water, in addition to cream of tartar.
2. Treat urinary tract infection. A classic folk remedy for UTI is cream of tartar. Everyday Roots explains it works because cream of tartar changes the pH of your urine and makes it a really horrible place for bacteria to live. To kick a UTI at home, mix 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar in 1 cup warm water. Add a squeeze of lemon or lime for a boost of vitamin C. Drink the solution one or two times daily.
3. Quit smoking. Few things are more difficult than quitting smoking. But according to WikiHow, cream of tartar is incredibly effective at removing nicotine from the bloodstream. When there is no nicotine in the body, you are less likely to have nicotine cravings. This home remedy is most effective when cream of tartar is mixed with orange juice and drank nightly before bed. This is because the vitamin C in orange juice works together with the potassium in cream of tartar to expel toxins and strengthen your immune system.
4. Fight heartburn. If you suffer from heartburn, you do not need to rely on pharmaceutical antacids. You can make your own! Home Remedies For Life suggests a mixture of 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda in a glass of water. As soon as you feel heartburn symptoms, drink 1 teaspoon of the solution.
5. Treat acne. Bukisa says cream of tartar helps clear acne and heal acne scars because it has properties that pull out toxins and impurities. To treat acne, start every morning by drinking 1 tablespoon cream of tartar in 8 ounces water. Within a month, you may notice fewer outbreaks and overall clearer skin.
6. Prevent gallstones. In a quart-sized jar, mix the juice from 6 lemons with 1 tablespoon Epsom salt and 3 tablespoons cream of tartar. Fill the rest of the jar with water and refrigerate. Get in the habit of drinking a small glass of the mixture every night. Mrs. Lena Brown says on Cure Zone that this home remedy should make it so that even the most gallstone-prone people can eat whatever they want.
7. Treat bacterial infection. Bacterial infections can occur anywhere in the body and typically manifest such symptoms as inflammation, swelling, and fever. If you have a bacterial infection, drink 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar mixed with 1/2 cup warm water. Five Remedies says this home remedy makes your body alkaline and creates a hostile environment for bacteria.
8. Lower high blood pressure. Richters explains that if you have a potassium deficiency, you are likely to have high blood pressure. If this is the case, it may be helpful to consume 1 teaspoon cream of tartar mixed with water. A blood test from your doctor can tell you whether or not you have a potassium deficiency.
Who knew something that makes your whip cream fluffy can also help you stop smoking?